Title: Business Analyst
Duration: 12 months
Location: Tallahassee, FL
- The QA/Business Analyst will be responsible for the following:
- Defines, develops, and documents user/stakeholders’ needs in support of the achievement of business requirements.
- Assists in and provides the definition and documentation of the business requirements, objectives, deliverables, and specifications needed to develop new software programs and applications.
- Designs, runs, and monitors software performance tests on new and existing applications for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging.
- Creates and runs comprehensive test plans with test case scenarios for ensuring the quality of the application based on the business and functional requirements.
- Collaborates effectively with application developers, business users and other project team members to support the day-to-day development tasks.
- Liaise with network administrators, database administrators, systems analysts, and business owners to assist in resolving problems with applications/programs.
- Help the business team in putting together the documentation needed for their user manuals and train the trainer materials.
Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques of computer programming and systems design.
- Knowledge of business process engineering and software development life cycle, including analysis, design, development, testing and implementation of software applications.
- Knowledge of Database Developer Tools (SQL Management Studio/TOAD/Access).
- Knowledge of Relational Database Design and Development (SQL Server, Oracle, or any other similar database platforms).
- Knowledge of Report Development skills having experience with standard tools (SSRS / Crystal Reports / Access / Excel).
- Ability to work with business users to analyze and gather system functional requirements.
- Ability to prepare software design specifications based on analysis of system functional requirements.
- Ability to research and recommend appropriate technical solutions to meet functional requirements.
- Ability to develop acceptance test plans to ensure that software meets functional specifications.
- Ability to interpret technical information and communicate effectively to technical and non-technical staff and management.
- Ability to research and develop technical solutions to problems in a timely manner.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations.
- Ability to develop technical documentation, specifications, and reports.
- Ability to maintain technical knowledge and proficiency with a changing system and network environment to develop the most efficient solutions and methodologies
- Knowledge of advanced data processing concepts, terminology and programming methodology and techniques.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including ability to analyze and interpret technical data.
- Ability to coordinate the activities of team members and ensure proper completion of projects and work assignments.
- Knowledge of Information Security best practices relating to data driven Web Applications and Database systems.
- Ability to operate as a technical team lead for teams and projects.
- Excellent communication skills (Written and Verbal).
• 7+ years’ experience as an IT QA/Business Analyst with experience in all phases in the system development lifecycle.