NOTE: Candidate must be able to relocate to the Des Moines/Ames area and be ready to work onsite starting day-1. This is an onsite position.
This is an ONSITE position in Ames Iowa for a C# .NET developer – This production support developer is responsible for supporting and developing software applications used by the Motor Vehicle Division.
*** This is an ONSITE position *** No remote option ***
Under general supervision of the Director of the of Motor Vehicle Support Bureau, this position is responsible for supporting and developing software applications used by the Motor Vehicle Division. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in production support.
The Motor Vehicle Support Bureau provides automation support for all the offices in the Motor Vehicle Division. These offices include Driver Services, Vehicle Services, Motor vehicle Enforcement and Motor Carrier Services
As a member of a project team, develops new or redesigns existing computer systems to improve productivity, increase employee performance and improve customer service.
These duties include:
- Meet with department management and staff to determine information processing needs and requirements.
- Analyze the needs and requirements of the agency, and design computerized systems that maybe used effectively and efficiently to meet those needs and requirements.
- Accept system specifications from project leader that detail the workings of the system and its relationships to other systems. This includes written documentation, data structure charts, hierarchy charts, form layouts, and detailed program specifications.
- Create systems using Visual Studio and C#.Net.
- Application databases are created using SQL Server.
- Test the system. Each program must be debugged individually and then the entire system must be tested. This testing is required to ensure that all system requirements are met. The tested system is then reviewed by to the requesting office for approval.
- Implement the system by converting the old functions, whether manual or automated, into the new system.
- Provide training in the use of the system for department management and system administrators.
- Develop help screens and written documentation to support the users when needed.
- Monitor problems during implementation and provide training to ensure a smooth transition.