Job Title: eDiscovery Analyst
Location: Boston, MA 02110 (Hybrid)
***Candidate must be local to MA . RELOCATION is OK
The eDiscovery Analyst is responsible for planning, designing, developing, and 2 of 3 implementing technology and database systems such as Relativity and Microsoft eDiscovery. The incumbent will support the legal team with eDiscovery activities around data preservation management, data collection, and
data extraction, directly supporting litigation, public records requests, and other business requests.
- 1. As a subject matter expert (SME) with substantial independence, consults with attorneys on all aspects of eDiscovery from identification, preservation, collection, and document review to production.
- 2. Process source data to upload, import, and export to and from eDiscovery review platforms and perform quality control analysis.
- 3. Convert e-mail and hard drive productions into a litigation support image-enabled database.
- 4. Provide error identification and research solutions in the processing environment.
- 5. Organize the data and consult with the legal team about search, filter, review, and data production
- 6. Provide technical leadership in the design, implementation, and management of a government instance of Relativity, specifically infrastructure, system maintenance, upgrades, patches, hotfixes, and day-to-day troubleshooting.
- 7. Assists attorneys in creating concepts and strategizing data collection methods.
- 8. Keep current on best practices and technology trends related to eDiscovery and litigation support technology.
- 9. Provide training, technical expertise, and guidance to legal and IT teams.
- 10. Assists with special projects or other duties as assigned
Required Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science or Information Technology with at least three years of relevant work experience, or High School diploma/GED with atleast five years of full-time or equivalent part-time, professional, relevant experience and training required, of which at least three years must have been work directly related to the duties/responsibilities as outlined.
• Minimum of one to two years of verifiable IT Security, Operation, or Technical Support experience is required.
• Two-plus years of verifiable hands-on eDiscovery experience is strongly preferred.
• The Association of Certified E-Discovery Specialists (ACEDS) certification is a plus but not required.
Required Skills & Abilities:
• Technically proficient and hands-on experience with eDiscovery industry standard technologies (e.g., Relativity, Microsoft eDiscovery tools).
• Proven ability to work to deadlines and prioritize multiple projects.
• A thorough understanding of the eDiscovery process and lifecycle; must have demonstrated experience leading all aspects of each step in the Electronic Discovery Reference Model (EDRM)
• Working knowledge of the Microsoft Keyword Query Language Structure is preferred.
• Sound judgment, discretion, and ability to properly handle confidential and sensitive information.
• Excellent problem-solving skills, independent thinking, teamwork, and collaborating skills, with the ability to work with legal and IT teams.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, particularly translating legal and technical requirements.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external customers.
• Ability to work independently, prioritize existing projects, and proactively determine areas requiring additional attention, monitoring, or maintenance.
• Proven background in providing excellent customer service.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; think and act quickly to solve issues.
• Must have the ability to provide the explanation of technology for nontechnical managers, directors, and above. Great people skills are a must.
• Ability to understand the laws, rules, regulations, policies, procedures, standards, and guidelines governing all MGC activities.
• Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
• Ability to lift up to 35 lbs. & push 65 lbs.
Preferred Skills & Abilities:
• Experience working with “Team-Based Practices,” e.g., Agile, Kanban, Etc.
• Ability to work on multiple concurrent projects.
• Ability to follow standard change management processes. Document and evaluate the impact of required changes to the various networked systems. Plan, schedule, and communicate changes to be implemented.
• Ability to understand and follow sometimes complex oral and written instructions.
• Experience utilizing tools and research abilities
Agile Project Management
7520 Standish Place,St 260
Rockville MD 20855