work from home jobs CO
VMWare(Security) Architect – C2C – Onsite day 1 – Highlands Ranch, CO
What are the top 3 skills required for this role?
1. VMWare NSX
2. Arista, Cisco, Juniper
Job Description/ Responsibilities
The ideal candidate will have 8+ years of extensive hands-on networking and security experience with VMWare’s NSX product suite including networking security domain expertise with NSX Distributed Firewall solutions. You will also be proficient in API integration, load balancing, and visibility integration. As part of this engagement, you would be required to support detailed solution analysis, definition, validation, documentation, and specification for a potential technology migration effort.
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced contractor with demonstrated hands-on technical expertise in the networking and cyber security domains. We are looking for individuals with demonstrated experience with VMWare NSX solutions as applied to networking and distributed firewall deployments specifically in the areas of data center fabric evolution, with a focus evolving data center environments with an API first integration and automation approach.
(1) Document, recommend and implement migration options for a complex enterprise with consideration of evolution from distributed data center environment towards converged environment while leveraging VMWare NSX networking and security components across VM, k8s and bare metal workloads.
(2) Provide hands-on engagement with traditional network, firewall and VMWare suite of NSX networking and security solutions.
(3) Develop recommendations for network security policies and procedures.
(4) Develop load balancing strategies to optimize system performance and implement load balancing strategies to ensure system availability and resilience.
(5) Leverage API integrations across NSX and other traditional vendor solutions to streamline and automate processes.
(6) Implement visibility integration strategies to improve system monitoring and troubleshooting.
(7) Collaborate across teams to introduce best practices for VMWare NSX usage.
(8) Identify potential security vulnerabilities and implement appropriate countermeasures.
(9) Implement and manage API integrations for enhanced security.
(10) Provide visibility integration solutions for system monitoring and troubleshooting.
(11) Collaborate across teams to develop and implement best practices for VMWare NSX security.
(12) Provide technical support and guidance on VMWare NSX security-related issues.
(13) Stay updated on the latest industry trends and advancements in VMWare NSX security technology.
(14) Conduct training sessions for IT staff on VMWare NSX products and solutions.
(15) Regularly update system documentation and create technical reports.
(1) Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Technology, or a related field.
(2) Solid understanding of networking, security principles and best practices.
(3) Proven hands-on experience as a VMWare NSX Networking and Security Specialist or similar role.
(4) Extensive hands-on experience with leading network platforms from Arista, Cisco, Juniper
(5) Experience in firewall migration projects, preferably with leading firewall vendors and VMWare’s NSX Distributed Firewall.
(6) Proficiency in API integration, load balancing, and visibility integration.
(7) Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
(8) Strong communication and team collaboration skills.
(9) Relevant VMWare certifications (e.g., VCP-NV, VCIX-NV) will be an advantage.
(10) Experience with scripting languages (Python, PowerShell, etc.) for automation tasks.
(11) Familiarity with cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) is a plus.
Click here for More remote and onsite Contract / Fulltime USA JOBS
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com