work from home jobs NYC
My name is Dhruv Sharma and I am a Technical Recruiter at Anvik Technologies INC . I am reaching out to you on an exciting job opportunity with one of our clients.
Follow the job description:
Position : Network Engineer
Location : Manhattan NYC
Duration : 12+ months
MOI : Phone+ Skype
LinkedIn is MUST (Recently created LinkedIn will not work)
Dedicated onsite Campus Network Support Consultant
Senior level Consultant 12-16 years’ experience
Heavy Cisco experience
Cisco Wireless Experience
The operations support strategy of our customer is changing and we are looking for a team to help us provide the services to meet their changing needs.
The Senior Network Support Engineer is expected to be a Subject Matter Expert (SME) covering the application of campus network technology deployed across the Customer Group. This covers all customer’s businesses, all Customer’s location (offices, onshore plants, offshore plants, offices, warehouses, etc.) and various types of projects and support including capital projects and IT projects. The ideal person possesses strong skills surrounding the assessment, planning, design, implementation and support of multiprotocol, multivendor solutions.
The purpose of the network engineer role is be specialized in one or more vertical technology disciplines but will also be versed in other IT service delivery technologies. The network engineer performs testing, analysis, and restoration of failed production services to customers and users. The network engineer will be the key person in the support for all campus network elements.
The key accountabilities are:
1. Collect all Campus LAN discovery information for each environment to onboard them to day to day support program
2. Work with design team to produce design meeting requirements based on Customer standards
3. Develop deployment strategy and lead deployment including handover to operations by coordinating activities across suppliers, IT teams and business stakeholders
4. Knowledge sharing and drive continuous improvement across the community
For the services in scope (LAN/WLAN):
• Experience in the architecture, migration, integration planning and Day 2 support aspects of large, complex LAN, WAN and Internet environments.
• Experience in the planning, design and deployment and support of LAN/WAN/ and IP architectures. Possess expert knowledge of VPN, ISP and Cloud peering, policy, BGP, ISIS, OSPF and other IP and LAN/WAN protocol applications.
• Experience with network design incorporating quality of service, CoS/QoS/DSCP mapping and structure, fault resiliency, symmetry and high availability.
• Familiar with network services including network elements such as load balancers, WAN Acceleration, DHCP, DNS, SSH, SNMP.
• Experience developing detailed designs surrounding WAN/LAN, and VPN network architectures.
• Experience in integration of next generation technology services.
• Collect and document requirements by specifying the needed functionality, all the non-functional requirements and all dependencies (e.g. cabling, construction or power needed)
• Resolving service-impacting events/incidents.
• Escalating incidents to Operations Management/Directors.
• Monitor ongoing operations and IT service infrastructure performance with applications set to anticipate IT service problems.
• Perform IT service problem isolation and determination.
• Respond to problems that are escalated by Service Desk Tier 1 and Tier 2 Engineers.
• Initiate corrective action within scope of knowledge and authority.
• Assist with network troubleshooting.
• Develop network capacity plans.
• Implement network bypass/recovery/backup procedures as required.
• Maintain knowledge of technology used, as well as new technologies that may be used in the future.
• Create criteria for acceptance of IT services and/or managed elements, for proactive monitoring and management.
• Validation of new IT services and/or managed elements in the IT environment.
• Acceptance/ coordination of new IT services and/or managed elements in the IT infrastructure.
• Use network diagnostic tools.
• Use and provide input to database(s) for problem and inventory control.
• Perform testing and maintenance activities as required.
• Serve as the customer interface for scheduling network changes, and the coordination of the Change Management process with the customer.
• Share knowledge obtained and learn from others as part of a natural team across architecture, portfolio, design, network engineers, operations and service management, amongst others.
• Typical Years of Experience: 12-16 – leading and executing Campus Support, project delivery, IT operations, or IT consultancy assignments to design, develop, deliver and support viable network solutions, preferably in Corporate or similar industry preferred.
• A high degree of technical network knowledge on traditional (IP) networks and systems as well as IT solutions such as LAN, WAN, WLAN, traditional route/switch, routing protocols, DNS, DHCP, Netskope, ISE, VLANs, VRFs, etc.
• Minimum Education or Certification: Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Telecommunications or equivalent work experience
• Mandatory: Design experience: requirement gathering, HLD, LLD, EOL, configs creation, deployment experience.
Must have 1 of the 3 highlighted: Design and deployment expertise in: LAN, Cisco WLAN, Infoblox DDIA, NetSkope,
• Mastering the OSI Model, TCP/IP protocol suite (IP, ARP, ICMP, TCP, UDP, SMTP, FTP, TFTP)
• Mastering of Layer-2 Switching, VLAN’s and Access-list
• Mastering Wi-Fi, authentication, security technologies, Internet, SDWAN, MPLS and Voice over IP (VoIP)
• Mastering IP addressing and subnetting and routing concepts
• Switches: Full configuration and VLAN setup on Cisco switches
• Telecoms Industry knowledge with extensive experience in Networks and Telecommunications, Testing and Commissioning
• Consistently delivered results in a matrix, global virtualized organization
• Experience in working with suppliers
• Experience in negotiation skills
• Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
• Proven experience in stakeholder and relationship management including external vendors
• Ability to translate technical requirements and specifications into easily understood business concepts and vice versa
• Proficient in IT infrastructure technologies:
o Routers, Switches, WAN, LAN, TDM, VoIP, Telecomm, and other internetworking technologies.
• Thorough understanding of TCP/IP—addressing, routing protocols and transport protocols (UDP and TCP).
• Must have expert level experience configuring and managing Cisco LAN / WLAN.
• Proficient in the use of network management tools, primarily for fault management purposes.
• Complete understanding of escalation, incident management and change management processes and procedures.
• Prior training in concepts of network and systems operations.
• Understands network performance analysis and capacity planning best practices.
• Thorough understanding of performance impact of network configuration options.
• Proficient in the operation and use of management tool set including fault, configuration, performance, and security tools.
• Proficient in the operation and use of sophisticated diagnostic tools (i.e. Sniffer, RMON tools, etc.).
• Understanding of vendor and industry standards and procedures for their respective technical specialty.
• Able to provide technical leadership to less experienced personnel either individually or as part of a team.
• Possess good communication, writing, and interpersonal skills.
• Working knowledge of network-based threats (various malware attack strategies, common weaknesses, virus vs. worm, DOS & DDOS theory, network attacks such as land, teardrop, Beck, Buffer Overflow, etc., back doors [back orifice, sub seven, netbus], common virus recognition).
• Working knowledge of SIEM vendors, platforms and technology (McAfee ESM, CS-MARS, Q Radar, Arc-Sight, Manhunt, etc.).
• Experience with configuring and interoperating with other networking technologies (security appliances and tools, proxies, gateways, etc.) desirable.
• Cisco router/switching/security certification, at minimum CCNP
• Cisco WiFi design and implementation skills
• Python programming and app development skills for programmable networks
• Experience working in an (partially) outsourced environment
• Awareness of Agile and Scrum
• Service Management processes (Support Models, Service Level Management, Contract Management and Supplier Management)
Click here for More remote and onsite Contract / Fulltime USA JOBS
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org