Kubernetes Platform engineer in Okemos,MI for a long-term contract.
Its a hybrid model
Please go through the below and let me know if you are available and interested
Work Location: Hybrid model
Contributes to the design and implementation of a software engineering culture that unifies Application Development and Operations. Will assist in engineering solutions that maximize the throughput of code releases through automated, secure and portable tools and functions.
- Drive and desire to automate repeatable processes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication, as well as the willingness to collaborate with teams across the organization.
- Experience in DevOps practices, infrastructure, scripting/programming.
- Linux/Unix OS experience
- Kubernetes experience
- Experience working with Kubernetes in an Enterprise environment.
- Working knowledge of cloud technologies (e.g., OpenStack, Azure, AWS, etc.), container concepts (e.g., Docker), infrastructure deployment tools (e.g., Ansible, Chef, Terraform), CI/CD tools (e.g., ArgoCD, Jenkins, GitHub Actions)
- Participates in the analysis, design and development of technical specifications, programming, and testing of DevOps components.
- Participates in design and scripting reviews to ensure that design and enterprise programming standards and guidelines are followed. Assist with creating or updating the enterprise standards when gaps are identified.
- Assists team members in issue resolution, scalability metrics, integration issues, and critical production issues as required.
- Follows technology best practices and standards and escalates any issues as they deem appropriate. Follows architecture and design best practices (as guided by the Senior Engineer, Lead DevOps Engineer & Architectural team).
- Responsible for assisting in configuration and scripting to implement fully automated infrastructure provisioning, image builds, and instance deployment capabilities.
- Follows standard change control and configuration management practices.
- Participates in 24-hour on-call rotation in support of the platform.