My name is Dhruv Sharma and I am a Technical Recruiter at Anvik Technologies INC . I am reaching out to you on an exciting job opportunity with one of our clients.
Follow the job description:
Position : QA Tester
Location : Hybrid(Chicago, IL)
Duration : 12+ months
MOI : Phone+ Skype
Candidates must be locals (Chicago) and willing to come to office (downtown) at least twice a week
There will be 2 interview sessions: * Video conference (Via zoom) – 30 mins * In Person and it will be a Technical Interview – 1hr
• Be able to read a Use Case or BRD (Business Requirements) Decomposing Requirements into scenarios / Test Cases
• Creating Test Plans, Test Cases
• Executing Test Cases
• Creating and Reporting Defects
• Experience with API Testing (Postman / Insomnia)
• Preferred experience with Atlassian tool suite (Jira, Confluence, Zephyr) / TestRail and executing SQL queries
Write Test Plan / Approach
Write Test Cases
The Quality Assurance tester’s role is to assist in the development, management, execution of testing related deliverables and activities for the Loyalty Systems Team. The role reports to the Loyalty Systems Director but will interact mainly with team Project Manager and Test Manager.
The position responsibilities outlined below are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
• Review business requirements, use cases, etc. to understand scope of deliverables being tested
• Create test plans and scripts to ensure development deliverables match desired requirements and expectations
• Create and communicate test progress, test results, and outstanding issues, tasks, etc.
• Analyze test results to discover and report out on defects.
• Work with business stakeholders to plan and execute UAT
• Assist in testing setup and management in preparation for test execution
• Assist with smoke testing during production deployments
• Develop and establish quality assurance measures and testing standards for new development and enhancements
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Proven analytical and problem-solving skills to help validate IT processes through careful testing in order to maximize the benefit of business investments in IT initiatives
• 5+ years direct experience as a tester for major application integration and/or major application product release
• Strong knowledge of system testing best practices and methodologies
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
• Experience with communication tools like MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-PowerPoint
• Experience with Atlassian tool suite (Jira, Confluence, Zephyr)
• Experience with ad hoc query programs, automated testing tools, and reporting software
• Prior experience in the hospitality industry