Position: Sr Java Developer
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Duration: 12 Months with EXT
2nd - Final Onsite interview required
1st round – Glider Coding Assessment
Only needing a strong Java Developer with Genuine 5+ years of experience
Skills: Angular, Java
Preferred: Azure, Kafka
- Candidate will participate in all phases of the software development lifecycle using best practices in object-oriented techniques and Agile.
- Candidate will have demonstrated skills and experience designing, developing, and implementing large-scale, highly available applications.
- Evaluate requirements and propose solutions with careful consideration to cost and impact with other systems as well as develop and execute implementation plan for delivery of requested functionality. Review, create, and alter existing software and software artifacts to implement new requirements.
- Actively participates in software design and peer code reviews.
- Mentors and coaches team members related to analysis, architecture, design, development, build, deployment, and maintenance of systems.
- Monitors performance and provides support of application after implementation.
- May provide training on how to use new or enhanced system.
- Provides technical assistance and partners with end users to understand and resolve problems.
- May oversee installation of hardware and software.
Minimum Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Technology, Information Systems (CIS/MIS), Engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience/training
- 3 years of full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) experience designing, developing, and implementing large-scale applications in hosted production environments
- 3 years of professional, design, and open-source experience
- Must be familiar with Relational Databases such as Oracle or SQL Server
- Must have experience consuming Web Services and implementing Web Services, and should be familiar with messaging and SOA technologies. Knowledge of general architecture principles is required.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to provide coaching to junior team members
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills including strong presentation skills
- Must be a strong communicator with the ability to lead technical and nontechnical discussions
- Demonstrate technical problem solving and analytical skills
- Proven ability to multitask
Preferred Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Technology, Information Systems (CIS/MIS), Engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience/training.
- 5 years of full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) experience
- Experience architecting and implementing data analytics solutions in Azure
- Experience in a relevant cloud, Kubernetes, automation development, and/or orchestration positions.
- Experience with Event driven architecture – Kafka.
- Airline industry experience, including business processes and supporting technology desired.
- Familiarity and working experience with Cloud technologies is a plus.
- Familiarity with software configuration management/build processes is a plus.