Requirement ID: HBITS-04-13273
Job Title: System Architect
Client: State of New York (Department of Transportation-DOT)
Location: Albany, NY 12233 / Only EST Candidates
Visa’s: H1B, H4EAD, GC, USC
Exp: 10+ Years
Skill Level: Expert
Interview Type: Webcasting
- Defines the architecture of a computerized system (i.e., a system composed of software and hardware) in order to fulfill certain requirement, including a breakdown of the system into components, the component interactions and interfaces (including with the environment, especially the user), and the technologies and resources to be used in the design.
- Expert 84+ months: Candidate is able to provide guidance to large teams and/or has extensive industry experience and is considered at the top of his/her field.
- 84 months experience working with agencies/business areas to understand business requirements to translate to technical and security infrastructure requirements resulting in architecture design documentation covering data flows; interfaces with other systems; authentication; etc.
- 84 months experience as a Server Administrator at the Application Layer to perform Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) business application installation, configuration, troubleshooting (with or without Vendor), including L3 Technical support of such solutions on Windows OS platforms, IIS, Tomcat, WebLogic, Certificate Services, and Authentication using Active Directory, SSO with SAML v2.0, and OpenID Connect.
- 84 months experience performing L3 Analytical and Technical support of COTS / business application interfaces & system interconnects (Networks, Stealth firewall software, F5 and Load Balancing) implemented on converged/mixed environments to diagnose and resolve connectivity issues
- 84 months performing L3 Analytical and Technical support of COTS / business applications using tools like WireShark, Process Monitor, Netstat, Ping, Traceroute, TelNet, etc.
- 60 months experience performing L3 Analytical and Technical support of COTS / business applications using tools like Splunk for log analysis, system monitoring, and system performance tuning
- 24 months experience in scripting knowledge on PowerShell, WMI and other scripting languages to automate and administer application maintenance
Short Description about Position:
Act as Expert Systems Architect to fulfill the duties as described below.
Day-to-Day tasks to be performed by the Selected Candidate:
Duties include but not limited to the following:
- Architect technology solutions/systems that meet or exceed Agency business requirements aligning with NYS ITS Technical and Security Service standards and strategies.
- Troubleshoot and resolve OS configuration, Stealth COI’s, storage and networking of Agency Commercial – off – the – shelf (COTS) business applications.
- Work with COTS Vendors and Agency business areas for COTS installation, configuration and testing.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with Commercial – off – the – shelf business software (COTS) including performance tuning, log analysis and security.
- Review the systems architecture currently in place and provide detailed specifications for proposed solutions and recommendation of appropriate solutions, upgrades, replacements working with technical staff to recommend solutions to improve it.
- Research solutions and collaborate with COTS External Vendors and Agency Business Areas for COTS Application implementation including installation, configuration and testing.
- Recommend and implement system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the systems.
- Provide mentoring and guidance to other Transportation Portfolio Architecture team members;
- Provide L3 Technical support for an enterprise-level distributed MS Windows server environment including Stealth COIs and storage and networking of Agency/business COTS business applications.
- Analyze implemented systems and identify problems, evaluate data and defined problems, document data on COTS including performance tuning, log analysis and security
- Script repetitive management tasks such as application data processing, workstation and server maintenance using PowerShell; and, Active Directory maintenance and modification.
- Use a ticketing system to track and manage incidents, service requests, problems, changes, and release/deployment.